EIT Alumni is an interdisciplinary and multicultural network of change agents who share a vision of a more sustainable Europe.
EIT Alumni CONNECT, our flagship event, unites EIT alumni, entrepreneurs, and EIT Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs) representatives.
Join us in vibrant Barcelona at Casa Rius for some fun networking. Let's foster connections, inspire innovation, and create meaningful dialogues about education, innovation, and business creation.
See you there!
• Ilaria Tagliavini - Head of Operations, EIT
• Federico Menna - CEO, EIT Digital
• Andy Zynga - CEO, EIT Food
• Laia Arnal - General Director of Knowledge Transfer & Society, Department of Research and Universities, Generalitat de Catalunya
Moderator: Selene Tondini - Secretary General, EIT Alumni Board
Moderated panel discussion
• Sílvia Casorrán Martos - Sustainable Mobility Planner, Barcelona Metropolitan Area
• Miquel Estrada - Associate Professor, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
• John de Campos Cruz - Associate Director, Cities
Moderator: Hubert Put - Energy Markets & Energy Policy Expert, EIT Alumni
Moderated interactive pitching session on stage by EIT Alumni startups.
• Luis Rita - CEO & Co-Founder, CycleAI
• Mary Grace Gasco - Founder & CEO, SpaceCrop Technologies, Inc.
• Ursula Grunwald - Deputy Chief Scientific Officer & Administrator, Multispectral Microscopic Technologies
• Enrique Hernández Jiménez - CEO, Loop Dx
• Shivam Dhawam - Founder & Director, GetBoarded
Moderator: Ilaria Tagliavini - Head of Operations, EIT
Engaging startups presentation
• Giorgi Shuradze - CEO & Co-Founder, CinSoil
• Konstantin Haralampiev - Co-Founder, Agrovar
• Maayan Strauss - CEO & Co-founder, PlattenBaum
• Thorsteinn Ingi Víglundsson - CEO & Founder, Thor Ice Chilling Solutions
• Farayde Matta Fakhouri - Co-founder & CSO, Bio2coat
Moderator: Arianna Bellini - Alumni Community Manager, EIT Climate-KIC
Interactive activity to enhance networking
Interactive improvised theatre session
EIT Initiatives showcase and successful EIT Alumni stories.
• Diana Holovacsko - Education Officer, EIT
• Piotr Boulange - EIT Jumpstarter Lead
• Luis Valente - CEO & Co-Founder, iLoF
• Ana Alcaine - Supernovas Project Manager, EIT Manufacturing
• Stefania Hau - Investment Analyst, Nauta Capital
Moderator: Liana Shvachiy - Lead Engagement & Value Creation, EIT Alumni Board
Barcelona is an international benchmark in the use of technology.
It is the leading smart city in Spain, and its desire to become smarter every day makes it one of the most attractive cities and one of the biggest brands in the world.
This spirit of continuous innovation and the desire to apply these advances to a wide range of fields has made Barcelona a world reference in architecture, design, performing arts, gastronomy, sport, tourism, scientific research, knowledge and the social environment.
The Catalan capital has shown its commitment to innovation with an advanced network of infrastructures, such as wifi on public spaces, which means the presence of five hundred free access points in all districts of the city, the fibre optic network and the development of 5G technology. In the same way, the 22@Barcelona district has become an important platform that makes Barcelona one of the most dynamic cities in terms of innovation.
Barcelona leads Southern Europe in the adoption of information and communication technologies (ICT) and has one of the best ICT penetration rates.
What can you do in Barcelona city?
Apart from being a high-tech city, Barcelona has many places to visit and to be amazed by.
• The Sagrada Familia.
• La Pedrera - Milà House
• Batlló Case
• Park Güell
• Palau de la Música
• Cathedral of Barcelona
• La Rambla
• Camp Nou (currently under construction, it is being renovated. During the renovation, the FC Barcelona football team plays at the Estadi Olímpic de Montjuich Lluís Companys).
CASA RIUS is an ideal space for this event, because it is a space of creative transformation. A place where artists and creators work to take their art to the next level.
This special space allows people to exchange ideas, narrative techniques, concepts… by establishing a dialogue, new projects are born that become catalysts of passions, obsessions and ideals.
To know more about the building, look at: https://casarius.cat/en/the-building/